Ruby's 4th Birthday



We celebrated Ruby-Jean's birthday a little early. Her "real" day is next Saturday and she will be 4.She asked for a Princess party so I tried to give her a little of that. We went shopping and picked out some balloons and napkins and party hats. I wanted to keep it pretty low key and thankfully she was thrilled with all that I let her pick out.

She had her Oma and Opa here for the day but I think the highlight of her day was when her "special" friend came. We will call him W. I forgot to ask his mom if I could post his picture but I'll tell you all about it. W and Ruby are as thick as thieves. Ruby calls W her "boyfriend" it really is quite cute but I think it may distress W a little. He knew exactly what she would love for a gift (thanks W's mom) and he made her Birthday card himself and wrote in it. It was way too cute. Ruby gave W a huge hug after opening her gift and reading her card. Lets just say it was adorable. Being a man though he was all about the cake and ice cream. He kept telling me how great the cake was. I really don't think it was the Princess cake that had him impressed I think it was the icing. :)

I am going to toot my horn a little. This cake turned out awesome. I am so happy with the end result. Ruby helped to do a little of the decorating yesterday but she hadn't seen the finished cake. This morning when she opened the fridge her mouth hit the floor. "Oh Mommy" was all she could say.

I still can't believe my "baby" is 4. I feel as though I blinked and she grew up. I am glad though that she still likes snuggle time with Mommy and I will continue to cherish those moments. She is my baby and always will be. She can make me laugh without trying. Sometimes she says things that stop me in my tracks and just giggle. This is my perpetually happy child. As the youngest of 4 she sometimes has no choice but to be happy, it can take me a while to get to her sometimes. My favorite part about being Ruby-Jean's mom though is this: She will find me where ever I am and give me a hug and say "I love you Mommy". I don't take that for granted.I am blessed to be called her Mommy.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing this little piece of my life.

Comments

Julie Cortens said…
Love the cake! It reminds me of a similar cake I made for a girlie birthday party for Allison many years ago. I used an angel food cake and put a Barbie in the middle. lots of fun!
Cheryl said…
Love the cake, and FYI, i can hardly believe my "baby" just turned 28 in april!!!! Unbelievable to me!! Time just flies!!
April D said…
Gre8 cake...great story...you should be proud, she is beautiful!
Janet said…
OMG i always had doll cakes when i was a kid!! :) Thanks for visiting my blog! of course you can link me up!!
ROCK ON:)
Kate said…
Yeah, it was the icing! LOL He actually referred to RJ as his "girlfriend" until his 8 year old cousin started making fun of him. He couldn't figure out why. Now it's "Ruby Jean is my BEST friend." They really are thick as thieves. Thank-you for having such a great family! My kids love you! P.S. If you ever need a code name for W you can call him "The Terrorist" That's what my Dad calls him! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

BIG GIVEAWAY

Giveaways

1 Moment